Assume, you have lost your mobile phone or the old phone number is now not working due to any reason, you want to change the mobile phone number in the Aadhar database as well. Read the below steps to know “How To Update Phone Number In Aadhar Card Online”.
Several people encounter the problem of linking the phone number with the Aadhar card. It is needed during the e-verification of ITR (Income Tax Return) and some other purposes. The GOI ( Indian Government Of India ) is continuously pushing Aadhar to a large scale and it will become important for accessing the various benefits from the Indian Government.
Therefore, it is very important to update the Aadhar database with all your new or latest and appropriate details including your mobile phone number.
How To Update Phone Number In Aadhar Card Online:
If you need to update your mobile phone number in the Aadhar database, you can use the self-service user website SSUP. But you have to remember that you need to have the mobile phone number in working status that you have provided at the time of registration.
You can easily follow the steps to update the mobile number.
- Go to the SSU Portal at this link – To Open Click Here.
- Fill in your 12 digit Aadhar Card number and tap on the send One Time Password.
- You will receive ( One Time Password ) on your current mobile phone number.
- Update the new mobile phone number.
- Tap on submit to finalize the mobile phone number.
How To Update Phone Number In Aadhar Card Online Without OTP Offline:
If you have lost your old mobile number and you want to update the new mobile phone number, you can’t follow the method given above. You need to update the mobile phone number offline,
- Fill the form with all the details requires.
- After filling the form send It to any of the two addresses stated in the form.
- Do not forget to add a photocopy of self-attested proof of identification.
- You can also submit the filled form to the closest Aadhar card centers.
Your application will be confirmed by the executives and after someday, you will get an SMS verifying the updation of your mobile phone number. If you have not given the mobile phone number during the registration and now you want to update the mobile phone number you have to do it offline only. You can’t update the mobile phone number online in this situation.
You can also visit the nearest ( Aadhar Enrolment Centre ) and ask the executives for a change in the mobile phone number. The executive will change the mobile phone number in the Aadhar database.