How to Apply for a Driving License Online: Driving without a government-issued license is an offense and an obligatory step to ensure a driver has gone through a test validating his understanding of handling a vehicle.
Officially called Gurugram, Gurgaon is one of the most popular satellite cities in Haryana. The Transport Department of Gurgaon has made it easy for the residents to apply for a driving license. If you thought you have to stand in long queues and spend all your time applying for a DL in Gurgaon, you are wrong. You can now do it all online.
how to Apply Documents required for online and offline applications:
Under section 3/181, steering vehicles without an active driving license in Gurgaon could result in a fine of Rs.5000 and subsequent penalties. The same amount of fine is also imposable on the individual allowing an unauthorized person to drive.
- Two Passport size photographs
- Proof of residence (Voter ID card, Aadhar card, utility bill, or rental agreement)
- Proof of age (birth certificate, passport, 10th mark sheet, or PAN card)
- Medical and fitness certificate (40 years or above)
- Duly filled application form
- A copy of the parent/guardian’s written consent with date and signature if the applicant is a minor
- A copy of the address proof (Passport/Life insurance policy/Voter ID/Ration card)
- A copy of the birth certificate (School certificate/Birth certificate/Affidavit signed by the executive magistrate)
- Copy of a valid Learner’s Licence
- Challan stating DL fees paid
The offline application process for driving license in Gurgaon:
- Visit the RTO.
- Collect the form at the office.
- Fill in the form and submit attaching the mentioned documents.
- Pay the application fee and schedule your driving test.
- Obtain your driving license by passing on the driving test.
How to Apply for Driving License Online obtain for Learner’s license
To apply for a Learner’s Licence in Gurgaon, you can either visit the local RTO in person or do it online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ official website.
- Visit the Gurgaon Transport Department’s official website and download the application form for applying for a new driving license.
- Visit the nearby RTO with the duly-filled application form and the necessary supporting documents like your identity proof, proof of residence, age proof, and passport size photographs).
- You can book a slot online and fix the appointment before you visit the RTO.
- On the appointment date, visit the RTO with the original and photocopies of all your documents.
- A RTO Official will verify all your documents. Upon successful verification of all your documents, you will be allowed to take the LL test.
- The LL written test will have around 20 questions regarding the rules and regulations of driving a motor vehicle.
- Once you have submitted your test, the results will be declared on the same day.
- If you have cleared the test, you can collect a copy of your LL on the same day.
- If you do not clear the test, you will have to apply again after some time.
- Please note that you cannot apply for a DL without having a valid LL.
How to obtain for Permanent Driving licence in Gurgaon?
Just like the Learner’s Licence, you can apply for a driving license by visiting the local RTO in person or do it online through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways’ official website. To apply online, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Visit the Gurgaon Transport official website.
- Step 2: Download the application of the Driving Licence Form.
- Step 3: Once you have downloaded the form, the next step is to fill the Form.
- Step 4: Fill the required details. These include the applicant’s name, mobile number, email address, PAN number, type of motorcycle, permanent address, temporary address, birthplace, date of birth, educational qualification, identification marks, citizenship status, blood group, etc.
- Step 5: Upload the medical certificate (Form 1A), learner’s Licence, the certificate from the driving school, and any other supporting documents required.
- Step 6: Enter the captcha code and click on the “submit” button.
- Step 7: Once the application is submitted, you will get an “application reference number” and you will be allowed an appointment to visit the RTO.
- Step 8: On the appointment day, you will have to take the vehicle to the RTO. Note that the vehicle type has to be the same that was written at the time of filling the application.
- Step 9: During the driving test, you will be required to drive in front of the RTO Official.
- Step 10: The results will be announced in a few hours. If you fail, you will have to take the DL test after few days.
- Step 11: If you clear the driving test, the DL will be posted to your address in few days.
How To Apply Renewal of Driving Licence in Gurgaon
A permanent driving license is usually valid for 20 years or till the applicant reaches 50 years of age, whichever is earlier. An applicant should ideally apply for renewal 30 days before the expiry date of the DL.
The applicant can either visit the concerned RTO and apply for the renewal of DL or can do it online on the Gurgaon Transport website.
You can download the application form for renewal of DL from the website, fill it accurately, and submit it in person in the concerned RTO. Upon verification of the documents, a renewed driving license will be issued.
Please note that a health clearance certificate from a certified medical practitioner stating that the candidate is fit to drive may be required while applying for renewal of license.
RTO Registration in Gurgaon
All new vehicles purchased in Gurgaon should be registered with the RTO. If you have purchased a new vehicle, your dealer will most likely register your vehicle under RTO Registration for you. But if you wish to register it by yourself, you will need the following documents:
- Duly filled application for registration of a motor vehicle form
- Sale certificate
- Valid insurance certificate
- Two copies of your recent passport size photographs
- The physical production of the vehicle
- Temporary Registration assigned by the dealer if available