To understand “How To Correct Name In Pan Card“. You have to understand what is PAN card. Income Tax Department of India distributes a ten-digit alphanumeric number which is called Permanent Account Number (PAN). This is issued to evaluate such people, employers,s, and firms. I-T Department also troubles e-PAN which’s an electronic form of PAN Card and is digitally signed. It is valid evidence of the allotment of PAN. Those, who’re required to document Income Tax, have to have a PAN. Those, who’re doing monetary or economic transactions wherein PAN Card is mandatory, ought to actually have a PAN.
People frequently find out that there sure issues with the call that they registered under PAN Card. It isn’t tough to make corrections within the call that is there to your PAN.
How To Correct Name In Pan Card?
There may be situations when your name is entered incorrectly on the PAN card, or you want to change your name or surname after the wedding. At certain moments, most people want clarity on whether there are steps to change the name on the PAN card. Even if they maintain a brief idea, they are not assured how to go about the method.
In certain situations, you should know that PAN card name change can be done online and offline both – How To Correct Name In Pan Card
How To Correct Name In Pan Card Online?
Here are the steps to change the name in PAN card online –
- Visit the UTIITSL or NSDL website and appeal for the ‘PAN card name change’ application form.
- Complete the form and update the area that needs to be corrected.
- Carefully review and make sure all your private details are filled incorrectly.
- Once you verify the changes, you will be given a 15 digit declaration number. You are suggested to keep this number remember, as you will require it to track your PAN application status.
- Pay the asked amount chargeable for the changes made. Take a print of the confirmation, attach the expected documents along with your photo and sign, and email them to UTIITSL or NSDL email address.
How To Correct Name In Pan Card Offline?
You can get the full details of your name in the PAN card, exchanged through the offline method. All you require is to follow these steps.
- You have to download the PAN card changing form and take a printout of the same PDF or document.
- Fill in the details in the form, assuring that all the details are entered accurately. While filling the form, you have to tick the box on the left to mark the details that you like to correct on your PAN card.
- Submit the form with the required documents to the nearest NSDL or UTIITSL center.
Documents Required for Name Change on PAN Card.
The following documents are needed to change or correct the name on the PAN card – How To Correct Name In Pan Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Passport of the husband if you are looking to change surname post-marriage.
I hope you understood all the steps.